Nowadays every student is expected to know how to write a formal letter .This has become a necessity in every student’s life. Not only the students but every individual should be able to draft a Formal Letter Format.
What is a Formal Letter Format ? | Informal Letter Format Sample
A formal letter is a type of written communication between two individuals or two organizations or between a company and an individual or between clients, customers and other outside parties. Formal letters differ from informal letter in the sense that they are to the point and present information in a disciplined manner. The tone of the formal letter may be informational, persuasive, motivational or promotional.
A formal letter brings the sense the professionalism between the two parties and offers a more official relationship.
Formal Letter Format Example | Formal Letters Examples For Students PDF
Formal Letter Formats Samples | Formal Letter Example in English
- Language should be easy to understand
- Information should be to the point. Distractions from the subject are not appreciated.
- Proofreading the letter is important as it ensures that the other party receives error free messages
- Do not use contractions. Full form of every word should be used.
- Avoid informal language
Formal Business Letter Format | Formal Letter Format to Whom it May Concern
Also, the content should be separated into 3 paragraphs:
- Introductory paragraph: this paragraph should provide the recipient with the basic information of why you are writing this letter.
- Main body: in this paragraph is where you should express the main points you are willing to inform the reader. It should not be too long otherwise the reader may lose interest.
- Concluding paragraph: in this paragraph you should summarize the main points of the whole letter
Examples of Formal Letter | Business Letter Format
173 Sector 4,
November 7, 2018
Chief of Syrup Production
Old Pancake Company
Subject: inviting you to attend the appreciation breakfast
Dear Mr. Suraj
Let me begin by thanking you for your past contributions to our Small League baseball team. Your sponsorship helped in the purchase of ten full uniforms and several pieces of baseball equipment for last year’s season.
Next month, our company is planning an employee appreciation breakfast honoring retired employees for their past years of service and present employees for their loyalty and dedication in spite of the current difficult economic conditions. We would like you to be a part of this breakfast as a token of gratitude for the sponsorship.
I sincerely hope that you will not disappoint us and will be a part of the breakfast.
Formal letter printable Template
Printable Format of Formal Letter are best choice for people who want to finish their task quickly. You can directly print the formal letter after making some changes required. Now get rid of writing the letter on your own as you have the prepared letters on your screen. writing the formal letter is really time consuming. Employers or employees find it difficult to write when they have a lot of work to do. So save your time and start using the printable Formal letter template for effective letter.
I hope that Formal Letter Format Sample Example Template article will help you to write a formal letter. I hope so this format of formal letter will help you out so share this article with friends.